The Kids

The Kids

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Screaming!

So, Ashton has definitely discovered his voice and has started this scream thing. The little temper protest was funny at first but I hope we don't have a screamer on our hands. We have gotten so used to Ashton actually behaving in public that it would be so disappointing to have a screamer. You all know what I am talking about... that little brat in public who gives off that awful horrible screach! I hope that's not Ashton. Everytime he does it, I hold him up to my face and give him a firm NO! I'm positive that he has no idea what NO means, but hopefully he will catch on soon!

2 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

LOL! Oh, are you talking about my kids??? Oh girl! I hope with ya you don't have to go there! Abby was and still struggles to be a screaming! Yes, and she is FOUR! Oh! I think it's like nails on a chalk board... Look mommy Besmer!

DTomate said...

I think the scream is precious...huh...maybe not in public though. You have to condition him ... at home, when he does the screaming, even tho I'm more inclined to giggle and think it's hilarious, his parents have to be firm. I would put him in his crib and say no. When he stops screaming and there's no crying, then pick him up. That way, you'll condition him to know that screaming does not get him attention (which is what he wants). Being a good boy and not screaming and behaving is what will get him what he wants, which is Mommy and Daddy paying him attention. Takes practice and time and consistency...good luck! I never had a problem with the two of you, so it shouldn't be too hard...