The Kids

The Kids

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Weekly Update

Developmental Updates
New words
1. Fish pronouned "ish"
2. Cracker
3. Truck pronounced "cuck" which also means all moving vehicles
4. Up can mean "up" but also refers to all lights which I think he means on
5. Today he kept saying "happy happy" when he pushed his toy that didn't work. Grandma B and I think he was trying to say "What happened?"
6. And Ashton has discovered the dreadful and annoying Elmo. Today we were watching a Nickelodeon show, Yo Gabba Gabba. There was a red monster looking thing on it and he repeatedly said... "melmo melmo melmo" for at least 5 minutes throughout the entire show!! And it wasn't even Elmo! I think I can handle an Elmo doll but NO Elmo's that talk (Nana Dee)!!
7. And yes! Ashton is finally starting to watch some TV! Yes, I know this is the beginning to an end, but it is SO nice to have some quiet, non-moving time! Ashton is 100% on the go ALL of the time, so it's nice to have a 15 minute break where he will just sit in my lap and stay still!
8. Ashton knows some shapes!! Is this an early developmental skill?! He can match up circles in one of those toys that you insert shapes and when I pointed to a star, he pointed to a decorative star in Grandma and Grandpa Besmer's house PLUS the ceiling fan! And he can match up pictures in a puzzle! He doesn't quite get them to fit but he can put the shape on top of the picture!!
9. He continues to be quite sneaky! I have discovered him on top of the dining room table which he used the chair to climb up on and when he really wants to get somewhere he has good problem solving skills. Like today, he wanted to get around someone in the bleachers and he was going to slide UNDER the chair!! What a sneaky little kid!!

Ashton also started his new daycare. His teacher said he has adjusted very well. He loves to stare out the windows and say "cuck," loves a book that is about a dump truck (she says he carries it everywhere), and loves a wooden car in the big toddler room. He cries when I leave, with the pouty bottom lip and all, but is a happy child whenever I pick him up. So I feel good about him being there.

No comments: