The Kids

The Kids

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Things to Remember

As Ashton and Violet grow and change so rapidly, I hope to write down little bits and pieces of their personalities.

Ashton -
1. Counts 1, 2, 3, 4, 6...
2. Understands using female and male in context of sentences but not quite right yet. He says, "Her is doing that."
3. Is learning to use prepositions but not quite right yet either. He says, "I are cute" or "Mommy help you (me)."
4. Is totally obsessed with watching Caillou - his new thing.
5. Every time I make him use the potty he cries "I can't do it" and then usually does.
6. When I tell him to go poop, he says "it's in my butt." Hilarious!
7. Is obsessed with wearing his "soft pants" ie. fleece every moment he can.
8. He loves to put his hood on his jacket on because his friend, Jason, at school does the same thing.
9. He loves to watch Wizard of Oz because of the "scary lady" and flying monkeys.
10. He thinks everything has a song. He asks me to sing the "scary lady" song, the "tractor" song, the "garbage truck" song...
I'm sure their is much more and I will add more as I remember.

Violet-
1. Loves to be a part of everything
2. Loves to watch Ashton and everything he does
3. Has learned to wave hi
4. Stood by herself for the 1st time, although it was very momentarily. She was holding onto the bathtub, let go with both hands, and grabbed onto me.
5. Discovered the toilet paper and water in the toilet bowl... gross!
6. Is super dexterous and can pick up everything
7. Loves to play peek-a-boo
8. Gets very clingy when she is sleepy or hungry
9. Has rediscovered the pacifier even though I thought she was weaned off of it
10. Is a tiny little thing but quite fiesty!

Today was her 9 month old well baby visit. She weighs in at a hefty 16 pounds, 5 ounces and measures a whole 26 1/4 inches. She's a tiny little tike!

No comments: