The Kids

The Kids

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Eliza Claire is Born

Her teeny tiny little feet
Eliza came into the world at 37 weeks and 4 days, about 2 1/2 weeks early. I woke up thinking it might happen that day! I had contractions on and off, but nothing consistent. They ranged from 8-15 minutes. I could walk and they would get a little more intense. By 4-5pm, I was ready to drop the kids off at the in-laws. We were triaged around 6pm. I was admitted at 5cm and the contractions were definitely getting more intense and not so comfortable at all. I requested my epidural ASAP! By the time we got to our room, I was definitely not comfortable with my contractions getting longer and more intense and thankfully my anesthesiologist squeezed me in between two unplanned c-sections. He gave me a lot of extra boluses relieving my pain quickly. After that, it was smooth sailing! So, we are sitting there nice and comfy. I had quickly progressed to 6-7cm after the epidural. Matt spent some quiet time on his computer while I enjoyed some good old fashioned cable TV, ie HGTV and TLC. Around 9-9:30pm, the nurse comes in and says, I'm just going to check you. She's says, "Do you feel the urge to push?" Me, "NOPE!" She tells me, "You're ready and I can feel your baby right there." So she goes out to call the doc who is delivering the unexpected c-section in which our nurse can hear in the background, "Tell her to handle it." So, in about 15 minutes, the doc comes in and everyone bustles around us to get ready. She looks and says, "Oh, you can push whenever you want." I push once and out comes Eliza! It was so anticlimatic!
Despite how chubby her cheeks are, she only weighed 6 pounds, 15 ounces. Although that is the 2nd largest Besmer baby born around here!

Meet your Daddy!

Proud parents

Proud big siblings!

Violet loves to hold her baby sister


Meet Eliza Claire

What's more peaceful that a baby in the hospital?!

I love a sleeping baby


No comments: