The Kids

The Kids

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Rustoleum Cabinet Transformations - Not My Best Decisions

So remember a few years ago, we went from Oak to Rustoleum Cabinet Transformations?

Remember this... such a deal?! Right?! For $150 (the cost of two kits), my kitchen was transformed!

From this...



To this...




Yeah...it was so pretty. For a little while! I can safely say with confidence, DO NOT DO THIS!

Two years later, and two more kids, it looked like this...
Gross right?! The "paint" was not easy to clean with a wash rag.

So I guess it looks fine if you aren't going to touch it.


But if you are... watch out! It does scratch off... easily!

Granted, we do have four kids but really?! It should clean off easier than this!

 So, off to Pinterest I went to research "How to paint your cabinets (correctly)."
So, we sanded...

And labeled...

And 3 weeks later,



Well, it's still a mess but it really does brighten up the place. So I followed the "real" (ie correct) way of doing things. I sanded things down, primed, and then painted with two coats. And here we are a month later, the cabinet doors are mostly done. I have 4 more doors to complete the last coat of paint. I have the hardware. But the hubs still needs to drill the holes. I am too afraid of messing that up! So, let's cross our fingers that this weekend, after a month, that our kitchen can be back to normal!

1 comment:

DTomate said...

Wish I could be there to help you honey bunch! At least watch the kids or keep them occupied while you are doing this humongous project!