The Kids

The Kids

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

27 more days!

Wow! I am down to a daily countdown until baby girl Besmer joins us... at the most! The answer to the question I always get asked, "How are you feeling?" I am feeling fine. I often think the baby has dropped. She likes to kick and snuggle up closely to my bladder.

The closer it gets, the more nervous I get about having two kids under two years old. I wonder how Ashton will act towards a new baby and his Mommy being pulled in two directions. He is such a good kid but oh so attached to his Mommy. He is 100% boy and loves climbing and jumping and getting dirty. He is so much fun these days. He is learning to talk more and more and is even putting small phrases together. His favorites are "Is it ____?" or "It's a _____."  He loves to color and has figured out how to use stickers. He has discovered candy and cookies. I have resorted to bribes in public. His favorites include monkeys, Elmo, and airplanes. He will watch tv for close to 30 minutes with his favorites being Elmo (of course) and Curious George. He is a smart kid and will say the animal noises before the movie. He identifies and can remember his Nana and Gampa and Ma-mah and Papa. And he's decided to jump out of his crib so we have made the transition out of the crib. He now sleeps on the crib mattress of the floor. Hopefully I can get his room done before the baby comes so he can transition to his big boy room and bed! After his room is done, I can move onto the baby's room turning everything into shades of pink! I hoped to create a room of purple and green but I never realized how hard it is to find purple! Everything baby girl is pink! Wow! I can't believe all the baby stages will begin all over again!

3 comments:

DTomate said...

Well, I don't know what it's like to have one kid 18 months and the other newborn but you & your brother were less than 2 years apart. It wasn't that bad but we had a lot of family from family & friends. It also helps when you can take Ashton over to visit his pals which is why having kids with your girlfriends at the same time is so much fun. And you can trade off on babysitting etc. Don't worry, you'll get used to it because there is no other choice. It's all good and the time passes so quickly!

DTomate said...

I meant we had a lot of HELP (not family)...

Shannon Menendez said...

Try 3 under 4! :) You'll make it!