The Kids

The Kids

Friday, May 17, 2013

A Cribless House!

It's been 4 years and 8 months, but we are now a crib free house! We also moved the boys into the "big room" ie. Violet's old room. We painted the boys room from blue to purple. I was a little sad as I painted it blue for Ashton when we first moved into this house. But it was a good move! Ashton really wanted his room green, his favorite color, but with high vaulted ceilings, I got away with getting new Ironman wall decals!

So, let's take a walk down memory lane. Here is Ashton's first room.
Wow! This is when we first moved in! Later became the guest room/Violet's room, now boy's room

Look at how little Ashton was!

I think this is when he started jumping out of his crib... clearly!

Tim's first room but quickly became the boy's room because Ashton didn't like the big room

I think this lasted less than a month when Ashton and Violet shared!

This is where Violet lived up until a month or so ago!

Let's fast forward about 4 years!
Violet's new purple room. Clearly we are in transition but I love how girly it is!

What little girl wouldn't want to play here

Site of her new big girl bed

This houses most of her dress up clothes and hand me down clothes to grow in to!

The final product! I'm a little bit jealous! I scored awesome deals on all her bedding at TJ Maxx Home Goods. I love that store! That super cute rug was on clearance for $12!
Attempt one at the boys room. Ashton's big boy bed with the unstacked bunk. It took a week or so to finally get to Tim's bed

Violet's old crib. We pulled out the mobile during the move and Tim liked it. It's not gone...

I really wanted the kids to have a play area. Note the cool Ironman decals!


The new updated, and yes messy room! Tim's new bed is the top bunk of what will eventually be bunk beds. It's perfect for him now as it has the rails! I'm not sure what the chair is doing on top of the dresser but I'm guessing Tim dragged it upstairs, yes up the stairs, to climb onto something!

Tim loves book! How convenient to put his books right there. And ignore ALL of those blankets. The boy loves his blankets!

I was even able to recycle/reuse the wall decals from Ashton's old room. The play space had to be moved as the beds were much longer than I anticipated. But this works too!

As you can see, Ashton is clearly into Super Heros. He loves his new Bat Cave house which I scored at a consignment store in town!





No comments: