The Kids

The Kids

Sunday, March 18, 2012

More Cabinet Transformations

My next project (sadly, no! It's not a pinterest idea)... redoing the kitchen cabinets. I got started today on the bottom cabinets. I did most of the cleaning/deglossing stage on the bottom cabinets during nap time. That's the worse part since there is no real instant gratification. Well, I guess if you care about cleanliness. You can imagine how difficult this project is with little kids running around, so I didn't get the painting started until 7pm! With 2 hours of drying between coats and a final protective coat layer, it's quite the process!

Here is my before...
And the progress made...
The pictures were taken with my phone so they are not the best quality but I wanted to make sure I showed the progress. The white filmy coat you might see is the protective coat. My plan is to try to do a couple of doors and drawers a night so it will be a few days or weeks until the whole project is complete. I can't wait to see what the final product looks like! It will be worth the elbow grease and $75!

No comments: