The Kids

The Kids

Monday, August 11, 2008

I heart NYC!

On top of the Rockefeller Center
Outside our hotel, the Hyatt Grand Central
Central Park view of the city
More Central Park
Times Square
The Chrysler Building
New York City, well specifically Manhattan is one of my new favorite cities! Matt had a law conference last weekend, so I tagged along and got to experience NYC for the 1st time. I have to say, it's really cool. We drove up on Thursday. It's really not that bad of a drive. It took ~6-7 hours but we stopped along the way. We got into the city around noon on Friday when Matt went off to the conference. So after a couple of hours of relaxing, I went out on the town. I hit up the Grand Central Terminal, St. Patrick's Cathedral, St. Batholomew's Church, and the Rockefeller Center. Matt came home and we headed up to the Upper West Side to find a restaurant. Saturday, Matt headed out to the conference early so I got to relax in the hotel. From there, I discovered NYC shut down a few main roads called "Summer Streets." They closed down Park Avenue so I walked down the street amongst all the runners, walkers, bikers, tourists... all the way to Central Park. I really couldn't have asked for a nicer day. It was so beautiful. Then I enjoyed Central Park, found a street fair and ate a chocolate strawberry crepe... yum! Then I headed to Times Square where I discovered all the tourists! That place is crazy! Then I walked down another street, found Bryant Park and ate at a Cafe. Then headed back to the hotel to rest. This pregnant lady had walked enough in 2 days. I definitely got my exercise! Matt joined me later and we headed to a social event for his conference. So, I had quite a busy weekend. Too bad Matt wasn't able to join me. While I love NYC, my vote still goes to San Francisco. I really love love love that city!

3 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

Glad it went well! Pictures are beautiful!

Domi Obaldone Tomate said...

You may heart New York. You left your heart in San Francisco!

DTomate said...

I loved Manhattan too! Your aunties Virgie, Lily & Lisa and I went to Manhattan to see Color Purple. Had a grand time!!! When we were there they had a parade going on with Jennifer Lopez & Mark Anthony in a float so it was a crazy time too. We went on a short cruise as well. Loved it!!!