Say it with me... Thank you
Pinterest for such wonderful ideas! I can be crafty but I'm not always original. I'm fine with that as I am gaining tons of personalized, adorable items that make a house a home! I love this one!
In the projects I found, most used tape to create the child's name/initial. Well, how am I supposed to make an "S" out of masking tape?! So, I used contact paper that has been sitting in one of our cabinets, traced out the letters, and stuck them to the canvas board. We have accumulated quite the array of paints and paint brushes already, so for less than $15, I have two very personalized pieces of child art! The kids went to town painting away. Well, Ashton did and Violet needed some encouragement as she kept telling me to "wash hands" every time paint got on her! I finally convinced her to just spread the paint around with her hands but that lead to her wanting a bath! Sheesh!
 |
| Painter Ashton dives into painting quickly |
 |
| Violet was a little more ginger |
 |
| Step 2 - let the paint dry (Ashton if you look closely) |
 |
| And Violet's ... I had to help her finish the top part. |
 |
| Pull the contact paper off and let it finish drying |
 |
| I can't wait to hang these up in their rooms! Poor Tim doesn't have one though. |
No comments:
Post a Comment