
So even though I am not technically 36 weeks yet, the weekly visits have started. But that's another story. I don't know why that bothers me. I tried to get them to allow me to skip a week and restart on a Monday vs. the Thursdays I seem to be stuck on, but they were not letting me. So, what really sucked about this visit was that my first weekly visit was not with my original family med doc. So in walks this new doctor... hum not happy with that one. Then I have this long list of questions but most of it pertains to the actual delivery so I'm not going to go into all my questions with the new doctor who is not even part of my delivery. My whole objective of this visit was to convince them to give me another ultrasound. I've been measuring small and I just want to make sure everything is okay. I'm sure it is, but it would be nice to verify. So today, I am 35 1/2 weeks pregnant but measure at 33 cm, which puts me at 2 1/2 cm behind my estimated gestational age. Last time I was 33 1/2 weeks and measured 31, so I guess I am measuring smaller at the same rate. Then to top things off, I had the pleasure of getting my "Group B Strep" test. Well, if you don't know what that means, I'll spare you but let me tell you it wasn't pleasant! Bonus of the visit - she tells me I have trace edema! So my next 3 weekly visits are already scheduled with Dr. Jenkins (my regular doc) this time... I made sure of that! The only problem is that none of them are in the morning which is when Matt can come, so he will not be with me at any of my final appointments.
3 comments:
OH girl! I'm so sorry you had that today! Whew!!! OUCH!!! That's all I will say! :) I hope you can get the ultra sound done to help you rest more easily! Hugs! -Mindy
i had group b with dayton. they gave me the antibiotics and after all that i had a C-section anyway and it didn't matter. this time around, they didn't even test for it!
can't believe how close it's getting!!!!
love ya, stacey
Read about the Group B Strep test. My poor baby. Oh well, it's gotta happen to make sure baby isn't infected with mommie's bacteria. So on another note, what's up with the trace edema? Where? Legs? Feet?
Post a Comment