
So I went Target today to purchase diapers for the first time. I bought a small pack of newborn diapers, I think 44 count and 1 pack of Size 1 (72 count). Babies R Us is has super jumbo boxes of diapers (216 count). My dilemma is... To all you Moms out there, should I buy 2 super jumbo boxes of size 1? Or buy a size 1 and a size 2 of the super jumbo boxes? Just want to make sure that I am not going to be buying too many size 1 diapers! Thanks for the help!
Another question... Matt thinks the Diaper Genie is a waste of money so he insists we purchase a regular garbage can. For those of you who actually purchased the diaper pail, was it worth your money? Or should we just stick with the regular garbage pail?
7 comments:
we bought a diaper genie for dayton, rarely used it. it's sitting out in our garage! matt's right, not a neccessity!
your belly is sooo cute!!! how are those hip muscles feelin'?
btw- stop plannin on exactly 10 months. you could always go early....better get to packin!
If you don't like the smell of code browns I suggest using the diaper genie! It comes in handy, ask my sister!
-AVL
Costs more money than a regular trash can. I promise you teh first time Matt has to change diapers and the babe has gone #2, he will go out and buy one. BUT, you can always get someone to BUY it for you so he can't complain. He will cherish it once it's in house...especially if the babe takes after the Tomate side of teh family...
We had a diaper champ given to us as a gift. Same idea as the genie. It works great, but really, it almost 'lets' you procrastinate in getting stinky diapers outside. I think it's not really a necessity. It's better to use a regular garbage can so that it gets dumped more frequently. Or you could just use cloth... :o)
The Diaper Champ is a good way to go we have one. It takes regular trash bags so it saves money not having to buy those diaper genie cartridges. However I must admit I have it in the garage cause is still stinks a bit especially now that Bt eats real food! Yuck! my garage is attached so it is easy to slip the pooper in the champ.
Hey Aleyna! We also have a diaper champ and have been happy with it. It has been more cost effective than the diaper genie, since we can use our own trash bags. I know friends that have used regular trash cans, as well and that has worked great for them. Ahhhh decisions of parenthood. As for diapers, I can tell you how long we were in each; Clara changed to size 2 when I went back to work from maternity leave, so it was about 12 weeks. We found that we needed to buy a couple packs of newborn size the first 2 weeks and Clara was born at 7#14oz. Best wishes!
Firstly, buy one huge box of the size one and wait until you are almost out to access how many more you may need. Every baby is different. There really is no way to calculate how fast your baby will grow or how many diapers they will use in a week.
I had a diaper genie with my first child. Waste of money (you have to buy the refills, too), wasteful and it just lets you build up stinky diapers instead of taking them out. My advice: learn to roll up a dirty diaper tight and use the sticky tabs to seal it shut. Throw in your regular trash can that you are used to taking out.
Post a Comment