Sleep training is going so well... at night at least! Matt put him down last night which lead to only 15 minutes of crying. He didn't sleep as well and woke up at midnight, but I still can't complain of a 4 hour stretch. Woke up again at 4am and then 7am. I didn't want to try putting him back in the crib and risk waking Matt up, so we spent the rest of the night on the couch. Tonight Matt put him in the crib again and this time NO... I repeat NO crying at all! But wait... I hear hiccups. His daytime nap has not been as successful. I think it's the difference between me putting him down and Matt doing it. He knows he's not getting any food from Dad. I put him down for his nap this morning and no crying initially, but then he started about 15 minutes of silent mobile watching. Eventually calmed down and slept but only for 15-20 minutes like yesterday. From my book reading, he will develop good night sleeping first, then the morning nap, then the afternoon nap. I just can't believe how well he is taking the crib sleeping!
3 comments:
Oh if only I had read that book! -Mindy
It's like training him for a marathon - baby steps at a time, right?
Awesome news! He's doing so well already! And you're right about the difference between you and Matt. He can smell your milk...but not so with Daddy! :o) And don't forget about the 45 minute creeper (or maybe in your case the 15 min creeper)...they have that strange transition/disruption in the middle of the nap. But maybe wait it out and see if he doesn't fall back asleep. Nefty never took much more than a 45 minute all throughout his infancy. It exhausted me. But now he finally takes at least an hour and a half or two during his one nap time. Each baby is different. You're doing awesome, mom! :o)
Post a Comment