The Kids

The Kids

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Glitter Jar

So, my parents were getting a little tired of all of the Pinterest projects and pictures of the kids so I will try to alternate projects and kids just for them! Happy Nana & Papa!

Well, this project is for the kids even if they didn't make it in the pictures. It was hard enough to pry these little things away from them to get a picture! But they are super cool and are basically supposed to be used as an alternative to time-outs. Well, I have yet to use them as a time-out method, but they love to look at them.

Violet's purple and Ashton's green glitter jar!

This is a good one to see the glitter falling to the bottom.
I have gotten on the green bandwagon on reduce, reuse, recycle! Well, I have always been a huge recycler but now I have tons of ideas on how to reuse items... thanks again Pinterest! So here, I have reused a baby food jar. Add some glitter glue, some warm water (I boiled the water and it didn't work well at first, so don't do that!), a teeny bit of food coloring and voila! The warm water dissolves the glitter glue. Since my was short of boiling, the glitter just fell to the bottom. After a few minutes, the water cooled down and the glitter was evenly dispersed!

No comments: