The Kids

The Kids

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Need to Organize

As my kitchen has transformed from old to updated cabinets, I have been on a quest to reorganize it! My life has literally been a mess over the past month. I have cabinet doors hogging up most of my counters with the rest of the junk stuffed in corners. My Mom's eyes are probably going to start twitching by the thought of it!
So this little space underneath the microwave is where most of the stuff gets tossed, squished, and squeezed. It now as made a make-over but is not yet complete! But this gives you some insight as to how the rest of my countertops are looking if the main one is taken over by cabinets that are half dry with paint!

The blogging world sure has given me tons of ideas. Some of which are not-so-new and some are who would have ever thought? But I am all about living an easier and more organized life! It's hectic enough around here so to be able to maintain a somewhat easier life... I am all for it!

So, most of my cabinets are evolving as I realize what I need and don't need. What can I do to make my life easier? I still have too many junk drawers.
Definitely not so bad. This has been organized since my Pinterest quest has began. Oh how quickly it becomes disorganized! This is one of two. I used to have 3!

Above the stove cabinet. Not so bad right?! Until you reach up there to grab something and everything comes tumbling down! 

I know you can't tell much of a difference. But I have two lazy susan's in there now. The one one the left holds the oils and baking stuff. The one on the right holds the vinegars. Now who needs so many vinegars? Some one who is trying to cook vegetarian! Much easier to navigate!
 And onto the messiest cabinet in the kitchen by far... the cabinet under the sink!
Believe it or not - I have already tried to tackle this cabinet. Step 1: I bought the cleaner organizer. And just this morning, I cut the top off an old Kleenex box and put our garbage bags in there. It fits perfectly!

I pulled everything out! Oh my goodness! But if you look closely, in the back, I found yet another one of those boring old glass vases just waiting to be painted! I was this close to running out to Michael's for another color paint... but resisted the urge!

Think I have double purchased a few things! And this was only in the two years we have lived here!

Ick! So apparently squishing things in there makes me ignorant to the grossness that lies beneath the mess!

Pretty contact paper will take care of that! It's not perfect but I don't care. I would have had to clean better underneath it! And ick! I was not up for that!

Ah! Isn't that pretty! I bought the green container from the Dollar Store and it holds the overflow cleaning products. Everything in the front with nothing squished in the back. I wonder how long this will last?!

No comments: