The Kids

The Kids

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Kitchen Cabinets Complete!

Yes! I completed my kitchen cabinets just in time for Violet's birthday party. Literally! I was painting the light fixture wood frame late Friday night! But it really is so gratifying despite the month long kitchen chaos! It's not perfect and needs some touch-ups but that will need to wait until my motivation returns. But I call this success!

Okay, so apparently I didn't take pictures before I started. Thankfully, I did take some pictures when we initially bought the house!

Before...
Right when we moved in but after we had the appliances replaced

Worth the $150 of materials for Cabinet Transformations (Color Tudor) and a little elbow grease on my part. And yes, I was on top of a ladder painting the light fixture frame and hanging part above the cabinets!

Not bad! 
 Another before angle

Definitely much improved! Including under the microwave area. It's finally clean! We'll see how long as this is the dumping ground for all things that need a home!

Such a difference!
I want to eventually buy hardware but that stuff is expensive! You can see all of our projects in the window sills. A paper mache project hanging from the wire shelf and our plants waiting to be planted in our garden. 

Next up:
1. Painting the laundry room cabinets - preferably white
2. Paint upstairs linen cabinets
3. Choose and install upstairs hallway cabinets and/or shelving
4. Paint Violet's built in desk

I hope all of this is done in the next month but will probably only get the painting done.

No comments: