The Kids

The Kids

Monday, July 7, 2008

What a day off!

New crib on order!

Old closet room

Newly painted future baby room




Old closet room, new space for the baby crib

Wall stickers for the baby room.

I took today off in hopes of being lazy and recovering from our DC trip. Hah! Matt left at ~6 am, which means I was woken up early. So I hop out of bed at 6:45, yuck! So much for sleeping in! Then I prepare to transfer all the junk out of the soon to be baby room. I get all the stuff out and start prepping to paint. I put the first few strokes on the wall... ick! It's like mud! So, I pack everything up and head out on the town to run a bunch of chores. First up, of course, to Home Depot to exchange the paint from "Pebbled Stone (mud color)" to "Pebble Stone (new color)." Why would you name 2 different colors so close??!! You got me! Then onto Babies R Us to buy a baby shower present for a lady at work. And finally to Target. I came home and got started on the painting. To top things off, as you can tell, our old closet room is transitioned to the baby room which means I lose a lot of closet space. So, I have to pack up 1/2 my clothes into plastic storage bins to put in the garage. Not fun. I will take pictures of the guest bedroom as well as soon as I get it cleaned a little. My clothes that need to be put in plastic bins are folded on the bed spewed with all the hangers. But, the baby room is painted! I also scored some stickers that peal off of Classic Pooh for the baby room! Highlight of the day: I ordered our crib. Downside is that it is backordered until August 15th. Good thing I put the order in early! So, it should be here by ~August 23rd. Hope the baby doesn't decide to come early!

3 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

Girl, you have to have a bassinet! Trust me, breast feeding, you'll want that baby close the first month! :) So, if the bed is late... no big deal! Sounds like an adventurious day! -Mindy PS>.. Sorry, I can't spell!

DTomate said...

I like the color of the room. Pebble stone or whatever came out great!

DTomate said...

I'm so glad you're sharing your thoughts and feelings with us. I like the diary - and all the pictures of course are terrific! You have such a way of putting things. A little sarcastic but funny ... and totally Aleyna!