Okay all! I have begun the research as to which baby products I need and which ones are the best for the price! I have started on strollers and car seats! I think the more I read the more confused I get. If anyone has any advice on favorite baby products MUST HAVEs or DO NOT NEEDs, email them my way (or leave a comment)! One day soon, Matt & I will enter the land of Babies R Us to register so any advice is greatly appreciated!
5 comments:
Things are way different today than it was 28-30 years ago when you kids were being 'borned'. A really, really good diaper bag (a couple of them). An expandable one with lots of pockets. You can spend a lot of money on car seats and strollers. You should get a small, lightweight, inexpensive stroller for quickie trips and a more sturdy one for jogging, etc. The car seat usually doubles up as one of those things you put teh baby in with mobile and everything else. I would spend good money on the baby shirts, diapers, things that touch teh baby's skin. Buy diapers while they're on sale and stock up...All different sizes. Lots of good stuff to put in the crib for their entertainment and edumacacion? Start off with simple math equations :)
Make a list and start buying. Cost of everything's going to jump due to the rising cost of fuel. Check out thrift stores as some of the baby clothes are unused due to gifts and purchases not opened for whatever reason (usually baby outgrows them before they can try them on). Anything disposable should be bought and stored. If you were in Delano, I wonder if the baby bed grandpa and grandma bought for me, your aunties and of course you and Tino is still available for you to use. That would've been too cool.
Thinking back on even my second baby, a car seat and stroller are things you should spend decent money on. Like your mom said, a lightweight, easily-compacting stroller for outings and trips to the mall is critical! But a jogging stroller is also wonderful (but not practical for maneuvering between clothing racks at stores - it's nearly impossible!). I wouldn't recommend spending too much on newborn clothes and onesies as they really do outgrow them overnight! I recommend you look into Zooper brand strollers - they are moderately price and very durable. There are various models and I happened to choose one that doesn't have a cup holder and little things like that. But it folds with the press of a button is very lightweight...I could go on, but if you want more info, email me! Love ya!
Oh and remember if you have a baby boy, your cousin Danyel might still have some stuff stored away that Tristan outgrew. She bought the good stuff :)
And if it's a girl, Mia has lots of cutie-pie clothing, even hand-me-downs from your cousin Tia - and yes, Auntie Lily also bought the good stuff -
Post a Comment