The Kids

The Kids

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Chincoteague Island






Matt's parents are here in town visiting! It was really nice to visit with them. We've had some great food plus we got to tell them we were having a baby in person! I tried telling them by putting a "Big Brother" t-shirt on Parker, but they didn't quite get it. Oh well! It was a good thought. Besides, some good eating, I was able to share my St. Baldrick's Day experience with them. That was really special. Plus, we went to visit Chincoteague Island. Chincoteague Island is known for the wild ponies that had supposedly swam to the island from a ship that sunk. Apparently, the real story is not so romantic in which farmers brought their ponies to the island to avoid paying the taxes on them. The weather was not the warmest and the shops were not all open, but it was still a good time. I was most disappointed about the Steamers restaurant and homemade ice cream shop not being opened! Ah man!

No comments: