The Kids

The Kids

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Allergies or pregnancy congestion???

Well, I might be experiencing another symptom of pregnancy... is it pregnancy congestion or just allergies? http://www.whattoexpect.com says "But your uterus is not the only thing that's starting to swell. The mucous membranes of your nose may also start to swell from all the pregnancy hormones circulating in your body, which are also increasing blood flow there. The result? Your nose probably already knows: pregnancy congestion, and possibly even nosebleeds." Well... I haven't had any nosebleeds, but this morning at 3am (I should have known my day would start out hectic), I was awoken by sneezing and nose congestion! Ah hah! But is that from pregnancy or just my allergies? My allergies out here are much worse than any place I have ever lived! I take Claritin once a day plus use a nasal spray that is a lifesaver! So lucky me! It's probably a combination of both. And it can get worse?? Looking forward to it!

4 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

Mucinex was a God send for those crazy mucous membranes during my 2 pregnancies... of course... ask your doctor! ;) later tater!

Domi Obaldone Tomate said...

When your mom carried you and she sneezed, she peeded in her pants. If you keep up your sneezing, you're going to have to wear ponchos to cover up your wet clothing. See you see.

Mommy pfohl said...

Ha! That is hilarious... watch out for those sneezes!!!! You don't want them getting "wet"! Thanks for the chuckle daddy! :)

DTomate said...

Omigod...I can't believe he shared that with the whole world...wait til I get home today :) I don't remember pregnancy congestion while you were in my tummy (or Tino for that matter). I do remember being really congested when working for Pandol Bros out in teh middle of the grape vineyards and I had to carry a box of Kleenex everywhere I went. The dr told me I was allergic to certain trees and grasses, so maybe some of your plants are blooming. Hopefully, it will get better. Sorry you're feeling teh discomfort, honey...