The Kids

The Kids

Monday, April 14, 2008

Beauty and sadness

Today is Monday and I am reminded of the beauty of life and sadness of life. Monday is the beginning of the week and sadly the weekend is over, but today I am reminded of how much more life has to offer. One of my old co-workers from Indianapolis experienced the beauty of bringing new life into this world. She gave birth to her beautiful baby girl, Julia early yesterday morning. With life, there comes death and sadly today, I experienced that as well. One of my patients from CHKD passed away last week and her Mass of Resurrection was tonight. This was the first patient I actually had developed a relationship with. Father Ken of the mass reminded us the death is not pleasant, it is not fun, but it is a part of life. We will all face death one day. But with death brings life. Today I am lucky enough to see that life, not only eternal life, but a little life is brought into the world today.

2 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

Hey girl. I am so thankful to hear of your friend who gave birth, but so sorry you had to walk through loosing a patient. My heart goes out to you. I am so thankful for a loving God who can comfort us in this time! I am praying for you and for the family. We love you! Mindy an the Pfohl clan. :)

DTomate said...

I don't know how you work where you work, living each day knowing that one of your patients can go at any time. It does bring you daily reminders that life is short and must be lived to the fullest. You are stronger for the experiences, Aleyna, my daughter...