The Kids
Thursday, September 4, 2008
"37" week visit
I had my "37" week visit today. Everything is still going well. I am now measuring 35 cm, so just a little smaller than my official 36 1/2 weeks gestation. So that is good news! I am actually catching up in size which makes me feel a little better about not getting the ultrasound I wanted. The heart rate was nice, strong, and loud at ~150s. I still have a little edema (swelling in my lower extremities) but nothing that is classified as horrible. I still see bones in my toes. I am Group B Strep positive which means I will have to receive IV antibiotics 4 hours before the delivery. My doc and I decided to not get my cervix checked until 38-39 weeks. I've heard that it can stimulate early labor, so I've decided to not get that done. Plus, you have the disappointment of hearing... you are 0% effaced (that means thinning of your cervix). Gee thanks! Tell me something I didn't know. But, I heard 3 times today that "I've dropped." Other than our weekly birthing class, we are just getting ready for the arrival of Baby Besmer. We are just going to purchase a few small items and we should be ready!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
yeah!!! Ok, so you got the camera ready right??? I want pics girl! All kinds! I want to see that baby NEW NEW born!!! No waiting until an hour later! :) I'm glad you are catching up! Hang in there! Little bit longer! Whew! -Mindy
You're in great shape and will only be in labor for a few hours. Breathe, grasshopper! Matt can do a tap dance while you guys are waiting for the new Besmer babe to show up. Any names yet....hm??????
Wow! You got your bags packed yet? You better! I couldn't wait to pack mine with Neftali. And then he kept me waiting awhile. I procrastinated with Solomon...and barely made it since he was 5 days early! You better get ready - Baby B could join your family at any moment!
Post a Comment