The Kids

The Kids

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Settling in

Here are some pictures of our first photo session and our first weekend home! Ashton is so teeny!
One of the rare pictures Ashton is awake!
Isn't he precious?!
So sweetly sleeping
Our first bath
Nice and toasty... he did not like being unwrapped!
Sleeping with Daddy
Waking up with Mommy
Isn't that sweet?

We have settled into our life here at home nicely. Breastfeeding is going well now. I was a little worried at first. We had to supplement in the hospital because Ashton didn't pee for over 24 hours which also could have prevented him from getting circumcised AND from coming home with me when I was discharged. But ~36 hours after birth, he finally peed and got circumcised at 7am prior to our discharge. I have to say that it was not a pleasant site but he is healing nicely. I was also worried he wouldn't go after the circumcision, but he did the deed less than 24 hours after our discharge. I also supplemented him with the formula we were sent home with since he seemed to be hungry all the time! But over the past 2 days, he has been getting plenty from me! I was getting really nervous for awhile, but we're settling into our new life. He even was nice enough to only wake up 3-4 times last night. Our first night home it seemed like he was waking up every hour until ~3-4am!

Matt goes back to work tomorrow. It will be hard for him since he has to be at PT (physical training) at 6:30am! The lack of sleep and being away from Ashton all day has to be hard for him. At least I get to go back to bed!

Coming up next week - our first doctor visit for Ashton. My coworkers will be at a nutrition update in town on Tuesday, so I think we'll venture out into town to pay them a visit and run some errands! I'm already racking my brain as to how we are going to do it! It'll be fun! I see the next 3 months passing by quickly! My Mom comes to visit October 14th. Matt's parents are coming for Thanksgiving. And we are hoping to go home to California for most the month of December.


1 comment:

Shannon Menendez said...

He is so precious, Aleyna! I am so glad to hear that nursing is going well too. It is painful at first...but it is SO worth it! He will be healthier, and the bonding is an experience you wouldn't want to miss out on! Keep up the good work! :o)