I had my 38 week OB visit on Wednesday. Everything was fine besides the doctor taking an hour! to see me!!! My resident (doctor in training/residency but still a doctor) was at an annual retreat so I had to see another doctor. Literally, it takes 2 minutes for my visit and I had to wait an hour! I'm not bitter about it though... not even 2 days later! So, I measure 37 cm, only 1 1/2 cm off from my estimated gestational age (I was 38 1/2 weeks at my visit). The heart beat was nice and strong at the 150s. Since it was a new doctor, I was NOT letting some strange man check out my dilation (how many cm the cervix is)/effacement (how thin the cervix is)! So, I have no idea if I am dilated. Probably not since I don't think the baby has dropped enough to make a difference. Heck... if I can keep the sex of the baby a surprise, I might as well as defer knowing if I am dilated or not right? Plus, who wants to go through all that discomfort to hear... you are ZERO cm dilated! No thanks! I am still feeling well. No real complaints besides the baby kicking my bladder sometimes. It's like he/she finds something to play with and starts punching away. Not painful, but definitely not comfortable. Keigels come in handy... TMI I know.
So to answer everyone's questions... NO, I still have not had the baby. YES, I still feel fine. I really can't complain because this pregnancy has gone quite well. I think my feet are only slightly swollen, but not enough to be significant because I can still see all the veins in my feet. I do have to say trying to put on shoes that tie is quite a challenge. The low rise pregnancy pants are no longer very comfortable since the band starts to flip over. I now like the pants that go over the belly instead of under it. I occasionally feel air and feel sorry for anyone who spots the skin of my belly popping out! And falling asleep at night is quite a bear! It takes numerous attempts of flipping from my left to my right side with pillows between my legs and arms to fall asleep. Then I wake up 15-30 minutes before my alarm... and my alarm goes off at 5-5:30am depending on the workday! So you can imagine how upset I get when I wake up at 4:45!
The countdown is on! 10 more days until my official due date. Matt tells me I am not allowed to go on my due date as he has a big assignment due on the 30th. Oh... I'm due the 29th! If I don't have the baby, my doctor will induce me a week after my due date. If that's the case, I wanted to be induced on October 3rd, a Friday... convenient right? Well, no Matt is supposed to present a paper in Richmond (1 hour away) on Friday. So, for Baby B to be "convenient" he/she will need to be born the night of September 30th/October 1st with no complications for us to go home by Thursday, October 2nd. Do you think any child of mine will comply to fit Matt's work schedule? We'll see...
1 comment:
Yikes! 10 day! Well, don't hold your breath that Baby B will be punctual. But maybe...I think only about 1% of babies are actually born on their due date. I will pray that he/she comes when they are ready...and that you don't need to be induced. From what I hear, that is NO fun. Try to hang in there, and get ready for your world to change in the most unspeakable, yet beautiful way possible! And I'll also pray that Matt's assignments and superiors are flexible and understanding for you in this exciting time. He absolutely cannot miss it! (nor will he want to!) :)
Post a Comment