The Kids

The Kids

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Diaper dilemma resolved!

My diaper champ dilemma is resolved! Thanks to one of my CHKD coworkers (Thanks Ellen!), I now have a diaper champ without us "wasting our money" per Matt. We'll see.

My goal is for Matt to assemble our crib this weekend and I think we are as ready as can be for Baby Besmer to make an arrival! I don't think either of us realize how much work or how much this is going to change our lives. So until Baby B does make an appearance, we are walking into this blindly. Not totally blindly, because we did take a birthing class and I have read a little on baby care, but I'm not sure a class or some readings can adequately prepare you for what we are in for caring and raising a little person!

3 comments:

Shannon Menendez said...

You're right about that! I read alot of books too, and we took a birth class - which is helpful. But I think any parent will tell you that you cannot truly 'prepare' for that arrival of your baby. You will learn as you go - and the best part is that Baby B is sort of learning along with you - he/she won't know if you goof up and put a diaper on backwards, or other harmless booboos. And they will still love you and need you. Being a mom is the most amazing gift you can be given - and I know you will love it and be wonderful at it!

Shannon Menendez said...

I forgot to say...nice choice on the diaper champ. Personally, I thought it was better than the diaper genie because you don't need bags. And it does a pretty good job with the stink. We were also given one as a shower gift...though we don't have it anymore.

Domi Obaldone Tomate said...

For goodness sakes, you work with babies everyday, have cared for your nieces and nephews. You're way ahead of the game, moreso than, say, your mom was when you were born. I'm sure that when you see that "Aleyna Junior," your motherly instincts will take over. Let's just hope Matt doesn't faint when he changes the baby's diaper for the first time! Especially if it's one of those "gold mines." See you see!